There are a few things I cannot stop buying when I travel ….perfume, quirky ceramics and cookbooks! I swore to myself that this year I would buy none of the aforementioned items. I managed to resist the ceramics – or does lacquerware from Myanmar count? I managed to restrain myself on the perfume. But on the cookbooks, it was a abysmal failure of restraint. But I am convinced 2012 was the best year in recent years for cook books. You can link to my article on Chubby Hubby here to read more.
In the meantime, you can also preview / purchase the list:
- Bouchon Bakery by Thomas Keller and Sebastian Rouxel
- Jerusalem: A Cookbook by Yotam Ottolenghi and Sami Tamimi
- Burma: Rivers of Flavor by Naomi Duguid
- Paul Bocuse: The Complete Recipes by Paul Bocuse
- Vietnamese Home Cooking by Charles Phan
- Japanese Farm Food by Nancy Singleton Hachisu