In the few months we’ve been running Accidental Epicurean , we’ve taken the website from 1500 readers to over 13,800 last month! We’ve put up over 100 informative posts on food, wine, spas, hotels, and different Asian cities. Now it’s time for another new feature at Accidental Epicurean…the hosted event.
“Stumbling upon the good life” involves more than just reading about wines, foods, etc. You need to get out and try things for yourself, deciding what interests you. So we’ve teamed up with various venues and product providers around town in order to bring you some unique flavors and experiences you might not have discovered on your own. And we’re striving to give you these opportunities in a safe, unpretentious environment where it’s OK to not know all the right things to say or do.
Next week on the 12th of August we’ll be hosting our first event with the great folks of Epicurious and Underground Wines. Epicurious will provide light bites of Asian fusion to pair with the New Zealand wines provided by Underground Wines. Better still you get to sample 6 out of 8 wines… this way you’re not forced to take a predetermined 6 wines even if you don’t particularly like a grape or varietal. This way you can get what you want and even team up with a friend or guest to sample the other two
The wines being offered are:
- Mt Rosa Riesling 2006, Central Otago, New Zealand
- Whitehaven Sauvignon Blanc 2008, Marlborough, New Zealand
- Whitehaven Pinot Gris 2008, Marlborough, New Zealand
- Bushmere Estate Chardonnay 2006, Gisborne, New Zealand
- Sherwood Estate Pinot Noir 2008, Marlborough, New Zealand
- Mt Rosa Pinot Noir 2007,Central Otago, New Zealand
- Unison Merlot/ Cab Sauv/ Shiraz Blend 2007, Hawkes Bay, New Zealand
- Gladstone Rose 2008, Wairapara, New Zealand
If you are a faithful Singapore reader or just in town on the 12th please make a point of RSVPing today. We’re keeping the event smaller at only 40 or so people and things are filling up quickly already. If you miss this event, look for more in the future and if you’re a venue or product provider interested in partnering with us in the future please drop us a line via the contact page.